Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Duplicate Photos of Same Fish??

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mlsims 
#1 ·
Myself and the Administration Team have the job of going through each photo posted and inspecting each fish to be sure that there are no duplicates. It's not an easy job but someone must do it. :cool1:

We have noticed some fish are being posted twice but in different photos. How do we know this? Markings on their scales, lateral lines, fins, coloration of the fins, etc... we inspect all very closely to be sure that every member has a fair and honest chance.

We understand that sometimes when going through images of your fish, it is easy to post the same fish twice and not even realize it. We ask that anyone who feels they have done this to please remove the duplicate photos before Saturday when the Bait Bash ends.

Any fish we feel are duplicates after the Bait Bash ends, we will have no choice but to disqualify.

As I said, we know no member of The Bassholes would do this on purpose and that is why we are making this post tonight.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Tattered Thumbs, Jared

See less See more
#2 ·
Jared if it is clearly labeled as the same fish, and you just wanted to give a close up, or the like is that acceptable? I do not wish to violate any rules.
Thank you
Lunchbox

#3 ·
I just went through my photos and I don't believe I have double posted. I DO know I have some photos of fish that do not qualify that I posted anyway. Please let me know if you want me to take down the photos of non-qualifying fish.

Of course, none of this discussion helps me out on the two or three fish I completely forgot to photograph early on during the competition. I gotta tell you, Old Timer's Disease just sort of sneaks up on you. :lmao:

#4 ·
Hawghunter said:
I just went through my photos and I don't believe I have double posted. I DO know I have some photos of fish that do not qualify that I posted anyway. Please let me know if you want me to take down the photos of non-qualifying fish.

Of course, none of this discussion helps me out on the two or three fish I completely forgot to photograph early on during the competition. I gotta tell you, Old Timer's Disease just sort of sneaks up on you. :lmao:
It will make it easier to tally up the totals for everybody if non-qualifying fish pictures are removed.

#11 ·
Well then I guess mine should be an easy one. As I have yet to get a keeper, that is unless I breake the trend Saturday. I mean by catching a keeper. :rofl1: :rofl1:

I do love the craws, only wrong timing I went out .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.