Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Do You Have Any Questions For The Bassmaster Classic Contenders?

6K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  SBJ1982 
#1 ·
If you have any questions that you wish you could ask any of the contenders in The Bassmaster Classic, please go ahead and write it down here.

Just make a post in this thread. Tell us your question and then tell us which pro it is for.

What I will then do is make a print out of all the questions and when I am in New Orleans at The Classic I will get in touch with the pros and ask YOUR question. :tu

The questions can be pertaining to The Classic but dont necessarily have to be, as long as it is about fishing.

The list of contenders can be found here: http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=29555.0

#2 ·
My questions will be pertaining to Mike "Ike".

First and foremost tell him congratulations on his soon to be new baby.

Here are my questions..

1) How confident are you going into the classic and the upcoming season?

2) Is there any chance that you will ever be giving any seminars or fishing near the state of Kentucky?

3) Is there any chance that you will write another book in the near future, as your first book "Fishing on the Edge" was phenomenal.

Jared, you should wear the hatcam and film yourself asking the pros the questions!

#3 ·
Sounds great! :tu

Im sure Lizard isnt the only one with questions for the pros. Let's hear them. Most of these questions iwll be answered for you on video as we interview them :D

#4 ·
I have a few for Skeet Reese.

1. Does he have any strategies for the up coming season that might help him to not have a repeat of last year?

2. What would be his one piece of advice he would give to a amateur angler the would help in their fishing techniques?

#5 ·
You may not ask this one but oh well. To all the greatest bass fisherman in the world as b.a.s.s says. Do you think you really the best or do you really know there are better one's then you, they just dont have the funds to fish bassmaster or they chose to stay home with there family? I think the best bass fisherman in the world is the no name guys. Look at marty stone and the die hards who dont have the funds. Just saying!!!!

#7 ·
Some good questions here. :D

Let's see some more.

This is your chance to have your some of your favorite anglers answer the questions you have always wished you could ask them.

:tu

#11 ·
Jared, if you see Boyd Duckett, ask him how the sales are going on his new Micro Magic line of rods. Ask him if he is fishing those rods on the circuit this year. Finally, ask him what kind of research went into his rods, why they are different from other rods on the market, and how he has made them better that his previously-endorsed rods (carrot stix.)

By the way, these rods have micro guides.

G
#12 ·
If you see IKE.
1) I'd like to know how he handled the loss of his major sponsors after his melt down he had on camera? I love Ike and he was able to rise up from that low and be bigger then ever.
2) How did he handle potential sponsors after that?
3) Did he think about going on Oprah after wards and beg her fans for forgiveness? Just kidding on that one but it seems if your in the limelight that is the first person everyone goes to..LOL

#14 ·
I have TONS of questions to ask the contenders!! BUT, I will prolly be in such AWE I won't be able to speak! LOLOL! I see it now, "Hi KVD, this is Cassandra", Kevin: "Hi Cassandra, nice to meet you". Me: "..................um...er....I.........uh.....(faint)" .

LOLOL!!!!

#15 ·
Cass just be yourself, KVD is very easy to talk to he is plesant and mild mannered. Talk to him about Strike King and he will go on for hours. With Ike its Abu GArcia Rods and Reels and Berkley. Larry Nixon will talk about anything you bring up. Just turn on the charm and talk Bass fishing. :thumbup01:

#16 ·
joe waller said:
Cass just be yourself, KVD is very easy to talk to he is plesant and mild mannered. Talk to him about Strike King and he will go on for hours. With Ike its Abu GArcia Rods and Reels and Berkley. Larry Nixon will talk about anything you bring up. Just turn on the charm and talk Bass fishing. :thumbup01:
Thanks Joe! Mike and I have talked before...we are were both sponsored by the same company so that was wayy cool. :thumbup01: I am soooo looking forward to meeting KVD though...OMG OMG OMG!!!

#17 ·
cassandra09 said:
I have TONS of questions to ask the contenders!! BUT, I will prolly be in such AWE I won't be able to speak! LOLOL! I see it now, "Hi KVD, this is Cassandra", Kevin: "Hi Cassandra, nice to meet you". Me: "..................um...er....I.........uh.....(faint)" .

LOLOL!!!!
Nah you will be fine Cass.. you will see. Any nerves you have will be gone in no time. By the 2nd day you will feel right at home. :D I guarantee you will be cutting up with them all by the last day :tu

#21 ·
Beer980 said:
So they may still have fishing to do after you ask our question depending on the day you ask?
yep, they will definietely have fishing to do still. Though I can ask them on any day, (we will be with them every day we are there) so if you have a question that you want asked on a certain day just let me know :D

#22 ·
Well this may be a long shot but you never know unless you ask right? I would like to send a pack of my baits for you to bring along as part of my question as well.

Plan A
My question is for Sean Alvarez on day one of fishing.

If you are finding it difficult to get your limit or find big fish would you try a bait from a company that you have never used? If he would then offer him my baits. Otherwise go to Plan B.

Plan B
If he is not interested then I would like you to offer them to Edwin Evers. Explain that I chatted with him about my baits at the BPS in Garland, Tx. If he refuses then see Plan C

Plan C
Get them to anyone else fishing the Classic.

#24 ·
General Disney World question. Ask at any time just to hear the response. "ProNAme, You just won the classic! What are you going to do next?!"

Ike "Are you going to grow a mullet and donate it to charity?" OH and grats on the baby girl!

Skeet "Rumor has it your buying up DNA from other professional anglers to build a super angler. Is this true? What have you collected so far and what do you do with it?"

KVD "Can I have a cookie?" COOKIE!!!!!!!!

Ask any angler if they bring their spouse or girlfriend on tour with them and kids to?

Have a great time!!!!

#25 ·
Some great questions here :tu

There is still some time to get your questions in. I will be printing the list of questions off tonight before I go to sleep so you have the rest of today to get any questions you have for the competitors in.

:tu

#26 ·
Jared make sure you talk with Dave Mercer, he is very down to earth and funny and always finds time to talk with folks, dont forget to give him a mention that all his canadian fans will be watching and wishing him all the best with emcing the classic! :canada: :bassmaster:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.