Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one using hooks in their molds other than what Do It recommends? Like to get a feel on problems others may have had before I pour that hot stuff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use quite a few different brands. What model mold are you referring to and what type of hooks do you want to put in there

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
MPSGM said:
any one using hooks in their molds other than what Do It recommends? Like to get a feel on problems others may have had before I pour that hot stuff.
I normally opt for a good Mustad hook that is the same configuration as the ones they list.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Jig Man said:
MPSGM said:
I normally opt for a good Mustad hook that is the same configuration as the ones they list.
X2, but I see Eagle Claw has hooks in black nickle that are stronger than their bronze hooks and they shouldn't rust like the bronze hooks. Next batch I order, will be the Eagle law to try them out.
Rodney

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Yeah I am looking at the black nickle or Black Pearl finished eagle claws. They look the same as the mustads but better pricing...

·
Registered
64 Posts
SBJ1982 said:
Yeah I am looking at the black nickle or Black Pearl finished eagle claws. They look the same as the mustads but better pricing...
They are very good hooks and you won't be disappointed. These are not your grandpa's old bronze hooks. These have been re-engineered for the new age. :D :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered some of the Eagle Claw Hooks, new ones. to try out from Captain Hooks. Will post review.

·
Registered
64 Posts
MPSGM said:
Ordered some of the Eagle Claw Hooks, new ones. to try out from Captain Hooks. Will post review.
Definitely please post your thoughts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EC hooks came in, poured a couple dozen, on the water tomoorow to lose a couple, rip a lip or two and provide feedback. was able to put the 5/0 in the 1/16th slot! Fit like the Mustads and Gammies with less cost. Just as sharp out of the water. Nicks in my hand and a couple blood draws for proof. Now if the would only come with that pixie dust to catch fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
MPSGM said:
EC hooks came in, poured a couple dozen, on the water tomoorow to lose a couple, rip a lip or two and provide feedback. was able to put the 5/0 in the 1/16th slot! Fit like the Mustads and Gammies with less cost. Just as sharp out of the water. Nicks in my hand and a couple blood draws for proof. Now if the would only come with that pixie dust to catch fish! :cheers:
I knew you would like them. All of my customers cannot believe that these are Eagle Claws. Watch and see, but Eagle Claw will take the reins again as king of the hooks if they keep on going in this direction. Their Trokar line are exceptional hooks but too rich for me. One last thing Eagle Claw is made in America. Let us know how fishing was. Don't stab yourself too many times with those hooks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just finished an hour in one of the community ponds where I live testing some of the new Eagle Claw hooks. Not a tourney test but still able to stick six LM. They are sharp and cannot tell difference between Gammies with the exception of cost. Well done American made EC! :flag2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
MPSGM said:
Just finished an hour in one of the community ponds where I live testing some of the new Eagle Claw hooks. Not a tourney test but still able to stick six LM. They are sharp and cannot tell difference between Gammies with the exception of cost. Well done American made EC! :flag2:
Thanks for posting your results. Good to know they worked for you.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I just got a box of 1k hooks. I think they are amazing and at a great price! I think I am switching them all over to EC now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts