Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately the topic with a few of my co-workers has been me getting a hair cut. Yep, Im a long haired ******* with hair a few inches past my shoulders. :cool1:
I tell them "no way!" but they like to quote the bible to try and convince me to cut my hair short.

1 Corinthians 11 said:
"Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a shame unto him,"
I tried to remind them of Samson and Elijah lol They didnt buy it lol I also tried to referrence all the images and statues of Jesus and how long his hair is portrayed in them. Again I gained no ground doing so LOL!

So, I figured Id ask my bassin family what yall thought. ;) :dunno: :cheers:

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's your hair man!! I have never seen where hair length made a person good or bad!! That ain't where those traits lie. I used to be a long haired hippy back in the late 60's(below my shoulders) and Crosby, Stills, and Nash had a song Almost Cut My Hair!! SOOO, as long as you don't get your lures tangled up in it--keep it :rofl1: :dance01: :thumbup01: :cheers:

T

·
0 Posts
I read the Bible quite often but have never came across where it referred to hair being long is shamefull.

Can you tell me exactly where they got that from? I would love to see it.

Book, chapter, verse.

What religion?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
It's there with a disclaimer.

1 Cor. 11:14-16 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? [15] But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. [16] But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God."

It's your choice as far as God is concerned. The American culture somewhat accepts long hair on men, but it can cost you a few hundred thousand buks in a lifetime of working because of employer discrimination. Employees not working directly with the public are usually safe with long hair. If you can afford it, wear it.

Long hair depicted on Bible era men is a Euorpean art conception.

Jim

·
Registered
801 Posts
Show us a picture Jared!

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
As we age we tend to either loose our hair or shorten the style for easier maintenance, men and women. Being a 50's teenager, a 60's & 70's young adult and 80's to present executive, my hair went from a sports buzz, shoulder length to professional groomed length. It's your career and your decision to have whatever appearance suites you. I'm at a point that still having all my hair is a good thing.
Tom

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Man its your hair keep it if you want, as long as you dont go to work lookin like a bum then tell them that you like your hair and you dont wanna cut it, or make up something like you cant cut it for medical reasons, if you did it would never grow back, or some crap like that. Dave

K

·
0 Posts
Jared you a hippie :lmao: :rofl1: Just teasing ya. Whatever makes you happy. Although I suspect that since you are asking you have been considering it for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had hair pass my shoulders, It was my pride and joy but I finally ended up getting it all cut off in order to move up in the work place. It is sad that I had to do that to advance especially since I was not dealling with the public at the time. I personally have hired people with long hair and I have allowed them to advance.
As far as what the bible says, well Jesus supposedly had long hair. Do what makes you most comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
You do what You want with Your hair
Your royal hippieness! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :rofl1:
couldn't pass this one up
rich

T

·
0 Posts
highrider26 said:
You do what You want with Your hair
Your royal hippieness! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :rofl1:
couldn't pass this one up
rich
LOL :rofl1: :lmao:

Your on a roll this week!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had long hair for years. One night I was buzzed, and got a glance at some hottie in the place. I did a double take, and it was a mirror. I went home and cut all that hair off. True story.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
hi steel basser said:
I had long hair for years. One night I was buzzed, and got a glance at some hottie in the place. I did a double take, and it was a mirror. I went home and cut all that hair off. True story.
For the last 3 years i keep noticing more and more forhead so last summer i shaved it off.
figured i might as well get used to it. :D
rich

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I used to have the ZZ Top look. Long hair and long beard. Once I started working corporate I had to change. It's really up to you and if it's OK in your workplace.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts