Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first of the new G Series Curados, a 200G6. I read many mixed reviews and a lot of bad reviews of the new edition. IMVHO, this reel is awesome. Casts a mile, reels smooth as can be and seems to be built rock solid. I can't for the life of me understand where the bad reviews are coming from except from SHimano haters. This reel has been awesome so far and I can't imagine it getting any worse. The out of the box performance is just unreal.

After picking one up for $159 and getting a $30 Shimano mail in rebate, I consider that hard to beat for a reel of this caliber. The new Curado definitely gets my vote. :dance01:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have you had an opportunity to use any of the Shimano E series reels (Curado and Citica)? May help with understanding why some of the poor reviews.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
I have been a Revo fan for years now, but if I was not fishing a Revo, I would be fishing the Curado. Great reels in my opinion, lots of my fishing buddies use them and they love them too. I have not heard any of them talk bad about the Curado's. Sounds like you got that at a great price. Im sure it will serve you well for many years. Enjoy!!!! :thumbup01: :clap: :thumbup01: :clap: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
That does sound like an excellent deal. Enjoy your new Curado reel. I have also heard good things from my buddies that have one. But I'm with Mark. I went to Revo's this year and love them.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Tavery5 said:
Have you had an opportunity to use any of the Shimano E series reels (Curado and Citica)? May help with understanding why some of the poor reviews.
X2 here. The reason so many shimano fans hate the new G model is because it's a downgrade from past years curado models. No one likes to go backwards. If you have not used the E reels, then the G would probably seem like a great reel. There isn't anything wrong with the G reels, they just are not even close to being as nice as the E curado was.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Pro Reel said:
Tavery5 said:
X2 here. The reason so many shimano fans hate the new G model is because it's a downgrade from past years curado models. No one likes to go backwards. If you have not used the E reels, then the G would probably seem like a great reel. There isn't anything wrong with the G reels, they just are not even close to being as nice as the E curado was.
The Pro Reel knows!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts