Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Computer Problems

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dave0331_69 
#1 ·
My video card blew yesterday and now I have a replacement puter which still needs a lot of stuff set up, so I'll be out of circulation this weekend. All it has is Windows XP, but the router, scanner, printer, memory card reader, and everything else doesn't work right. Gotta find and install drivers and programs. What a mess. All my peripherals are too old for XP to install automatically. :dunno:

Jim

#5 ·
My son-in-law finally came over and finished this up. I spent 9 hours of hard work getting this thing back to where the old one was. Whew! He's the guru and was able to write a "macro" to make the scanner work. I have a scanner and printer from Win95 days. Hey, why replace if they still work? It took him 1 hour to do what would have taken me another 6 or more, maybe forever. I have SOUND now! This is all so cool now. FAST. I start it up and 30 seconds later I'm on the internet, compared to 3 minutes before! I'm BACK. Jim

#8 ·
Ouachita said:
My video card blew yesterday and now I have a replacement puter which still needs a lot of stuff set up, so I'll be out of circulation this weekend. All it has is Windows XP, but the router, scanner, printer, memory card reader, and everything else doesn't work right. Gotta find and install drivers and programs. What a mess. All my peripherals are too old for XP to install automatically. :dunno:

Jim
Talkin greek to me :wack: :withstupid: It sounds like it sucks, Sorry for your bad luck Jim. Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.