Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Wow awesome tip Keith! I mean really awesome! I had no idea you could do that with a sharpie before i dried. I've used paper towels for pastel chalks and acrylics (not on baits though) for decades but had no idea sharpie ink would stay wet long enough to do that too! Thats wicked! Thanks for sharing man!! :D :clap:

· Premium Member
12,510 Posts
KeithsCatch said:
So Jared does that mean that you are artistic as well?
I guess you could say that :) my favorite median is pastels. I use to do quite a few portraits years ago in pastels. Lately my thing is airbrushing. I kinda left the traditional arts aside for several years and did most of my art work in photoshop with my wacom, which I do still enjoy but lately I am starting to move back over to the traditional with pencil, brush, paper, canvas, etc... and as you could probably guess, most of my work revolves around fishing... the bass... and where they hang out ;)

I pour my own worms, been doing so since about mid 80s. HOwever I love your idea, I can see that as a way to get finishes on plastic not normal attainable.
I was at hobby lobby today and saw they have a HUGE set of sharpies. There must be 30 colors in that set. It went for about 30 bucks. I t hink next time I have some extra $$$ I may grab it and play with my worms :)

· Premium Member
12,510 Posts
I just tried this during a slow period at work today and it worked perfectly! I had no idea that the ink would stay moist like it did on a wet towel corner being as its permanent ink. I cant wait to try it on some other baits this evening. I think I am going to buy some plain ol' white flukes and have fun with them ;)

· Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Well I bought some white flukes and a pack of multi colored sharpies.. I believe its 12 different colors...Ive been playing with it and the only thing I am having problems with is painting the red or orange on it. doesnt seem to want to be applied as easily as the darker colors. Still, I'm having fun. ;D

· Premium Member
12,510 Posts
KeithsCatch said:
. Watch for Gary Yamamoto's sales of his clear colored baits. You can buy those really cheap and color them yourself using Sharpies. It is fun.
sweet! That will be fun for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.