Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after riding all over Santee Cooper for 2 weekends in a row, burning 40 gallons of gas, learning my way around the lakes, I started my tournament Saturday morning only to end up sick as dog before 11am. I tried to power through it but the nausea and what my stomach was doing had other plans. I ended up bringing myself back to the hill and loading up by 2pm. Im still disappointed about it all. In the 15 years I have been fishing tournaments this is the first time I wasnt able to finish the day out. :sad2:

Im not sure what was wrong but my best guess is a stomach bug. I spent all night Saturday and all day Sunday either in bed or in the little boys room in hopes of getting better before today so I didnt miss work. I didnt miss work, though I am kinda wishing I had.

Anyway, I spoke to a few people who fished Santee on Saturday. Most of them claimed they didnt even get a bite. I guess I was onto something because I had gotten a few bites and even caught a couple shorts before I started feeling really sick. I would have liked to have been able to have stayed focused and finished the day out to what would have happened. Next time I guess.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I just found out i wasn't alone. 2 other guys in my club, who work with me too, also got sick, with the same stomach bug. One of them, Landy, explained what happened to him Saturday and I swore it was like he was telling my story. He got sick at the same time, with the same ailment and also ended up leaving the tournament before it finished. It was also the only tournament Landy never finished as well.

I dont know what we all had but it sure went around this shop pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Hope ya got rubber gloves on, as I dont wanna catch anything from your typing :lmao: .

Seriously, hope ya get feeling better SOON.

I believe Dogg told me yesterday his brother Terry is on Santee pre-fishing for his upcoming B.A.S.S. Southern Tournament.

G

·
Get well Jared. Sorry you couldn't finish your tournament. But, all that knowledge you gained is still with ya. That is the good news.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Man that blows! Just try looking at it like this it could always be worse. Sometimes that helps me, but not always. Hope youre feeling better. Dave

·
Registered
410 Posts
hope ya are felling better Jared :dance01: that had to suck

·
Registered
83 Posts
We were wondering what happened to you. Sorry about that :sad2:. I checked the club rules, it would have been legal to chum as long as you actually caught the fish on an artificial bait. So next time use the nausea to your advantage. Where are you putting in at Wateree Saturday? I think I might go up there too. Only problem is the Red Fox Tournament is this weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[email protected]!!!!

I actually cant go this coming weekend. :(

Ive been promising my mother that I would help her plant her vegetable garden. Thsi weekend I will be tilling, fertilizing, planting, etc...

I will still fish but it will be in the evening (after 5pm) and with my little 14' boat to Dargans Pond for some topwater action. I havent been there yet this year so I am pretty excited! I think with the red fox happening, not going this weekend may be for the best anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts