Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

club golf 12/2/06

1287 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Shannon
Our bass club has an annual golf tournament the day of our banquet every year. For most of us fishermen golf isn't exactly our bag. We had a great time though and lucky for my team we had a ringer, one of the guys has a 16 year old son playing on the high school golf team, he carried Richard and I most of the day. Riichard and I would get maybe one good shot out of 7 or 8. We actually won 2 under. I always have to aim way left to hit the fairway and occasionally it goes where I aimed, which happened twice. Once I line drive the ball out into the North bound lane of I-95 (no accidents that I know of) and the second time I sent it right through the golfcart storage building at the 18th hole in front of the clubhouse just missing one guy. I only hit two houses and lost 14 out of the new fifteen pack of balls I just bought.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I used to golf but it got to exspensive it was either buy leasons or buy some more bass stuff. Golf lost out. When I was in the corps it was cheap to golf some really cool courses now its so damn high I just quit.
I use to ' golf ' alot as a kid. After my dad retired from the army, he became the grounds-keeper at a local golf course. So, needless to say I played everyday. After my dad had his heart attack and had to quit I never played again ( about 30 years ago ). Close as I have come is playing minature golf ( putt putt )
Yea it's to expensive for me as well, I had to borrow clubs and thats the first time I've played in about 15 months. I just like to go out and smash the ball. The only reason I ever even tried it was to do something with my Dad like once a year.
I will stick to fishing!!
Well, I went golfing one time. I was like 19 or20, and some friends of mine had a couple of cases of Bud, a fifth of Jack, and some of an illegal green plant substance that I used to enjoy. :dance01: Needless to say, I wasn't there for the golf. I had to play right-handed because the guy who had clubs was right-handed, and I'm a lefty. I don't remember a whole lot after the front nine, except one guy telling me I'd better hope the groundskeeper did'nt find out who was digging all those ditches on his course. :fight01: Fortunately for him, though, most of those ditches were well off the fairway. :rofl1:
Im getting a mental image of Chevy Chase in caddy shack when he was blind folded, but in his case he made his shots lol rofl ( couldnt resist the razz )
Hi steel that's funny right there now!!!  ;D :rofl1:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.