Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just poking around the Google maps and looking at Clarks Hill lake SC and noticed the Catey bay and Parsand island area. Don't have a topo map and never been there, but this is where I would start. Also the islands around the dam are very interesting and would check them out, if the water temps are 55 or so. Like to see a topo on this lake, very interesting! My guess at this point is crank baits will put a lot of bass in the boat, along with soft plastics like creature baitsand 8" worms, slip shot rigged and spider jigs with creature baits. If the water temps are around the 58 to 60 degree range the big girls will be staging on the secondary break and points inside Cantey bay.
Tom
ps; the RT may even do well!

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With fronts the bass are moving up from pre spawn tend to get tight to the bank on the outside breaks. This can be good for someone who knows how to work soft plastics up hill, like spider jigs and drop shot rigs.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's early pre spawn the fronts won't bother the adult bass much, it common for this time of year. The cold wind and bad weather affects the fisherman more the bass. Tournament mentality is constant movement and they need to slow it down and concentrate on smaller areas. The west coast guys and Remitz might do well under those conditions.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dam area looks really good, must be lots of bait and current breaks around those islands. If there is some spawning areas nearby, then the dam area would be the last place the bass would move up and that means big staging fish in that area during colder weather. Swim baits would be very good if large bait fish like Herring are around. The Clear lake hitch color 6" LA Slider or similar lure would be ideal. Do you know anything about Cantley bay west of the interstate bridge?, not sure of the spelling.
This tournament starts tomorrow, so I guess we will know soon whats happening.
Thanks for the information, will take a look.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was the 95 bridge, the problem is that was lake Marion! Apparently when I zoomed the sat map it grabbed the wrong lSC lake and I didn't realize that until now when I went back to find that bridge...whoops. Those islands I thought look so good are down by the canal, not a dam and the bay west of the bridge looks great, wrong lake.
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.