Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I have a topo of the lake. maybe i can scan the portion you are speaking of tom

as far as in a transition period... could be... I dunno... I think the problem they are having isnt transition... its front after front throwing off the spawn and the warming water. Also that slam of rain didnt help any either. This time of year the water on Clarks Hill should be warming up nicely and the fish should be movingshallow and getting ready to spawn. I think by the time the tournament gets underway they may have those conditions but I can't imagine what this crazy weather has done to those fish in that deep mountain reservoir.

I will get in touch with Glenn tonight and see what i can find out from him.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
oldschool said:
imonembad said:
I read that the fish are in transition right now and some anglers are struggling. Might just be propaganda.
Transitioning from spawn to post spawn or pre spawn to spawn? Water temps?
Tom
If i had to guess, considering whats happening here in the southern warmer part of SC, (Clarks Hill is in the northern cooler more mountainous part of SC) Id have to say they are transitioning from winter to pre-spawn or at the most from pre-spawn to spawn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.