Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfng the web here at work tonight and ran into this funky thing.

http://www.slickfishlure.com/

I never heard of it before tonight. It's... well... I will let you see for yourself lol

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tend to think it is. Did ya see how the hooks seem spring loaded and pop out when the fish mouths the bait? Id like to see how long, or how well, that actually works.

B

·
0 Posts
I saw the same thing in a magazine a couple months ago. Most of the reviews said it was a "piece of junk and a joke to the fishing industry."

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you see how the hooks pop out when pressure is applied, as soon as that thing gets tangled in some hydrilla and you pull hard here comes the hooks. What a joke and $20.00 no thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Plus, why does it have to look like a torpedo? haha. For $20 they could at least make it look like a real baitfish for Pete's sake.

While I have fallen victim to other infomercial lures before I am not falling for this one.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Notice they don't say anything about manufacturer of the hook, it's size, etc. Another problem is bite appeal. A bass has to eat it first. I'd think a bass would have to be nearly starved to take it. I'd rather spend the Jackson on a Pointer if it all had to go to one lure.

Anybody need lessons how to go weedless on the cheap? :D

Jim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ouachita said:
Notice they don't say anything about manufacturer of the hook, it's size, etc. Another problem is bite appeal. A bass has to eat it first. I'd think a bass would have to be nearly starved to take it. I'd rather spend the Jackson on a Pointer if it all had to go to one lure.

Anybody need lessons how to go weedless on the cheap?  :D

Jim
Weedless for cheap?! NO WAY! :p What's a texas rig? :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
When i first saw this thing a few months ago i had a vision of somebody(probably me) managing to set the hook through my finger...possibly "fingers". :shrug: Dave

·
Registered
635 Posts
People say they have found bottle caps, coins, all kinds of odd and assorted junk in fish's stomachs. I have yet to put a treble on a quarter. ;D I think I'll save that 20 for a megabasss anthrax lure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts