Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I fish the chatterbait in two different ways.

1.) I will cast it out and let it sink for about 1 to 2 seconds and then rip it through the water with a simple jerk, let it sink again and rip it. Continue to do this all the way back to you.

2.) Cast it out and real it in just below the surface of the water just causing enough ripples on the surface

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fish it however you want - all though it is best to use which ever method that actually catches fish. For schooling fish you can take off the skirt of the lure and then add a fluke for a trailer. I have actually thrown them around lily pads without getting hung up - the blade rides the hook up and over the top.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I find casting and reeling with a straight retreive like a spinnerbait works well.

Also had some success jigging it in deep water for smallies.

Flipping it to isolated wood cover, let it drop for a few seconds then reel it back seems to produce strikes from bass, especially in muddy water.

It's one of those lures that can be fished in a variety of ways.

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
I definitely like the way that blade helps guide the bait over objects that would normally hang up other baits.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like to slow roll it just out of site,with a stinger hook on it if I can. I fished them this weekend in our club championship and whacked em good. Everyone else was throwing crankbaits or spinnerbaits I think the fish were tired of see them so the chatterbait was something different and they ate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts