Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL!!!

I was watching a SC local tv show called Reeling up the Coast... or something like that... and they were on Lake Jocasee in upstate SC catching rainbow trout. They caught a 1lbr out of 60 foot of water, trolling. They unhooked it, show it off and then "released" it. They threw it back in the water and you can easily see the fish just floating there. The boat kept moving away from the fish and you can still see the fish floating dead in the water as they are pulling away! I was like "What the???" The next fish they caught and released, the camera cut away before the fish was tossed back into the lake.

Funny but also sad!

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Thats not good at all.If I gut hook or damage a fish where I know its not going to live I will take it home and eat it.That's the only way I keep certain fish.Kitty cats I will usually keep a couple per year for eatin.

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
That.s really neat Toad thanks for sharing that with us.I dont fish deeper than 10` so I dont carry one with me ,but do have something I can use if need be...

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
No problem, Gup. :notworthy: A fizzer is a pretty common tool in these parts. Most of the big lakes around here are deep and a lot of fish get taken below 30+' in the summer- especially on a lake called Moomaw that has deep running trout. But, just like Jared's post indicated, there's also a lot of fish that never make it back down because they don't get released quickly enough or they never got fizzed.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was always taught to bring a fish up slow when caught out of deep water to give it time to adjust. Is this effective?

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
I dont think you can bring them up slow enough Highcentered, it takes a long time for the bass to adjust their swim bladders. Im going to get one of those fizzing tool like the one Toad was talking about and keep it with me just in case I need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.