Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea? I have the original stay n charge (Tow and Charge) on my boat. It charges my TM and Cranking batteries while towing. I plug it into the seven prong plug. The plug that goes into the seven prong plug can that be plugged into a bank charger if I am at a lake for few days?

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Sure can. The bank charger will be supplying the same voltage through the TowNCharge that your tow vehicles charging system normally would.

:tu

·
Registered
798 Posts
Would a 2a trickle be beneficial when it will be charged this way overnight or would sticking with "full tilt boogie" like a strong alternator does be best? Also, I know this doesn't have anything to do with this thread but since I'm here I'll ask it anyway. How long does it take for three batteries to get fully charged after your average half day trip while being towed?

·
Registered
921 Posts
You questions both depend on what you do during you fishing day on the water and if you are using Stayncharge on the water and the tow vehicle. Example, If you are using a 24 volt trolling motor and you have a 115 or bigger outboard and the batteries are full when you hit the water. For every hour you troll it will be a ten minute run to top them back off. If your batteries are really low and you have the unit hooked to your truck then you are looking around 30 to 40 minutes for each battery to come back close to full. THe AC charger wouyld also depend on what charger it is and if the charger goes to sleep when it sees a full battery. Let me know if I can help and if you want to you can always call me and we can talk more

·
Registered
798 Posts
I barely stress my trolling batteries during a trip since I usually keep it close to its lowest speed. And my trips usually only last 3-4 hours. Just to give you an idea I can fish for half a day and my smart charger will still say both deepcycles are at 100%. They're the cheap entry level Neverstarts too. Gotta save weight since Chargers have a slow holeshot.

My main battery charger does go to sleep when it sees a full battery but still have the trusty beat up solid state charger nearby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts