Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We held our tournament yesterday on the Butler Chain of Lakes ( I will post the offical report in the correct forum )

I get home Friday night around midnight from our trip up to Mass. So, by the time I get everything ready it is 1am. So, I lay down to get a few hours of sleep, but that didnt happen. All I could do was toss and turn, so I got up at 3am. I leave my house at 4 to get gas ect..

I arrive at the gate for the ramp and soo after a few others started showing up. We still had to wait awhile for the person in charge to come open the gate for us.

Since I was bringing a guest with me, I was the last boat out.

I desided to go to Lake Downs since I had caught a few in there during practice. I start out useing a lipless crank ( No not the red , probably should have though lol ) but didnt get anything. Then I switched to a shallow crank and still nadda. So, I desided I would pitch an Alluring Salty Stick in watermellon/red ( senko knock-off ) still nothing.
So, I thought to myself and said, I might as well throw what I caught them on before with. ( yes I talk to myself all the time :cool1: ) So, I started pitching a watermellon/candy brush bug by Alluring ( brush hog knock off ) in grass / weeds near boat docks and under docks. After about 5 minutes I land my first one. Then a little later I get a non-keeper. Then another non-keeper. A little while longer I get another KEEPER. And for a change, I get my 3rd keeper, all by 9:30. So I am pretty happy, except that wind had started blowing pretty good and was making it hard to fish where I wanted.

I get tired of fighting the wind and told Lou lets go to Wasian Bay <sp> to try to get out of the wind. So, we get there and low and behold I find a bed with 2 fish on it.I catch the buck of course lol, so I tell Lou to throw back in there and get the other one, while I was measuring my fish and puting the cull ring on it. Well, he didnt get the other one and I never seen her again. So, after awhile in there, I tell Lou, lets go to your spot ( he had got one over 13pounds on a live shiner )

We get to Lake Butler itself and it might as well of been the Atlantic ocean, it was ROUGH !!! I go to his area, but the wind pushed us so fast through there it wasnt even funny. ( I didnt have my anchores or anything with me ) So, that was a big waist.

We then go to Lake Louisa and no luck there either. We then go to Lake Iaslesworth <sp > ( where the ramp is located ) with about 30 minutes left to fish. I get my 5th keeper on the watermellon candy senko knock off.

Lou had 1 bite all day and I felt bad for him, but he assured me had a good time reguardless.

I ended up with 5 fish for 6.98 pounds ( we have exemption cards to keep 12 inch bass )

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other thing I forgot to mention, and I know its been talked about a few times.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR DRAIN PLUG .

A guy in our club left his drain plug out and almost sunk his boat. He went to get on plane and lets just say he was lucky to make it to shore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts