Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The socket where I plug my rear navigational light is broken. One of the prongs snapped. Is this a big deal? Do I have to replace the unit? Does this require any wiring work?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You will have to replace the socket, but it is easy to do, remove the 3 screws, crimp the new wires together, usally they are the same color, and put it back on.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Its a simple job. If I can do it, anyone can. But I did have to drill a hole, as the replacement didnt match up exactly. ( a little jb weld on the unused hole and it was good enough for me )

G

·
I know this is an old post. but i had the same thing happen after a friend just jammed the light in the socket without looking to see how it lined up.

Wal-Mart had the socket for under $10 and it installed in under 5 minutes. It actually seems like a tighter fit than the original but i'll work its way back to normal!

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
After you change it out put a touch of dielectric grease on the prongs, it'll help the light plug in easier & help prevent corrosion. You should do this to all your electrical connections, even the trailor lights a couple times a year, it'll prvent a lot of problems.
Rodney

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a buddy who'll do it for me, but I something always seems to get in the way. Dark, rain, too tired, meeting, family thing, etc.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Oldfart9999 said:
After you change it out put a touch of dielectric grease on the prongs, it'll help the light plug in easier & help prevent corrosion. You should do this to all your electrical connections, even the trailor lights a couple times a year, it'll prvent a lot of problems.
Rodney
Good advise there for sure,saves alot of problems latter.
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts