Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. all,

Went bass fishing this morning and most of the bass were smarter than I <grinz>. Smelled bream beds then off to get bait we went. You can read about the trip on my website if you like in the "What's New" section. http://www.bassinfool.com .

Tight Lines All!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I get laughed at when I tell people I can smell them. Glad to hear someone else can too!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yup. If you enter a cove and there is a rampant smell of decay, it's usually bluegill beds. The explanation that I heard is that the bluegills spawn in areas so shallow, that the smell of the beds being formed will hover above the water. Thus, it gives away that bluegills are bedding. :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
In ohio when you smell the decaying smell it is something dead. LMAO dead carp, dead shad are usually the culprit, :rofl1:
All i smell whe i get close to bluegill beds is GREASE cause something is about to be fried.
Catch and realease in grease.I usually use butter but that s funny right there
Rich

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
I dont know if i would describe the smell as decay but you can definitely smell the beds when they are bedding. It's a definite fishy smell. I actually like that smell. An old man I once fished with down here taught me that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
CastAwayBH83 said:
Yup. If you enter a cove and there is a rampant smell of decay, it's usually bluegill beds. The explanation that I heard is that the bluegills spawn in areas so shallow, that the smell of the beds being formed will hover above the water. Thus, it gives away that bluegills are bedding. :thumbup01:
Thats a piece of infomation I will definately put to good use!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts