Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sometimes, after working on the bearings, you leave a coat of grease on the bearing buddy. This along with a little grease coating on the inside of the bearing buddy "bra" (that's what they're called) makes them come off. They're held on by friction and a touch of suction from within. Try cleaning or degreasing the outside of the bearing buddy with a grease cutting cleaner and the inside of the "bra" and this might do the trick. If not, I bought a replacement set at WalMart. They're not expensive. They come in several sizes, though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
jms37 said:
Sometimes, after working on the bearings, you leave a coat of grease on the bearing buddy. This along with a little grease coating on the inside of the bearing buddy "bra" (that's what they're called) makes them come off. They're held on by friction and a touch of suction from within. Try cleaning or degreasing the outside of the bearing buddy with a grease cutting cleaner and the inside of the "bra" and this might do the trick. If not, I bought a replacement set at WalMart. They're not expensive. They come in several sizes, though.
Good luck!

Yeah, I'm a dipstick. I never looked at the original date from the subject post! Here I'm giving an answer to a 1 year old question. Story of my life-"A day late (a year in this case), and a dollar short"
Oh well, didn't have much more to do than shovel snow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.