Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading about contests on this board, how about a contest for the big bass of each specie award for 2007? LMB, FLMB, Spotted bass and smallmouth bass and a grand slam award. Musky, Pike, Walleye, Crappie etc awards. Need to have a photo, weight slip or length, girth should work.
Tom
Ps; No live bait fish allowed for bass.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I like it!
i think jared said he would count the scales on the lmb to make sure they aren't flmb. :rofl1:
good idea tom
rich

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
highrider26 said:
I like it!
i think jared said he would count the scales on the lmb to make sure they aren't flmb. :rofl1:
good idea tom
rich
LMB Bass from CA, FL, LA & TX should default as FLMB category, unless someone wants to prove a LMB form those states by counting lateral line scales, it's a simple contest. Maybe our new sponsors can phony up some prizes!
Tom

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me yall. :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe a recently retired honest man would volunteer as the contest coordinator. We can start retro active to Jan '07 or anytime.
Tom

·
Registered
801 Posts
Let's do it! I plan on smoking your butts... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I wi ll gladly throw my hat in the ring but I should have taken a picture of that 10 inch pike yestrday

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
bigdaddytowe said:
I wi ll gladly throw my hat in the ring but I should have taken a picture of that 10 inch yestrday
:rofl1: :rofl1: maybe we could have a "dink" of the year too.?!? Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
dave0331_69 said:
bigdaddytowe said:
I wi ll gladly throw my hat in the ring but I should have taken a picture of that 10 inch yestrday
:rofl1: :rofl1: maybe we could have a "dink" of the year too.?!? Dave
I would win for sure...Ide be a lock...lol :rofl1: :lmao: :rofl1:

G

·
dkinder605 said:
I would win for sure...Ide be a lock...lol :rofl1: :lmao: :rofl1:
Nope!! You might come in a good second but I will have to take the gold home on this one.

Lets meet up and have a drunken challenge. LOL :cheers: :chug:

G

·
I will toss my 6.3lber into he ring as it is the biggest I have caught so far. Tom you going to start a new thread for people to post their best entry?

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KeithsCatch said:
I will toss my 6.3lber into he ring as it is the biggest I have caught so far. Tom you going to start a new thread for people to post their best entry?
I was hoping to recruit Jim to verify the entries. Lets not forget to have all four bass species entered and this is a multiple species board and the contest should be broadened to include musky, pike, walleye, trout, stripped bass, etc. We should at least have a bragging board for those other fish. If any sponsors should decide to get involved, we should have a stipulation that the fish was caught by a Bass Holes member.
You should enter your bass and anyone else who can verify their catch with a photo.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Why hasn't somebody thought of that before? :dunno: DUH You see it at Bassmaster and various boards. Anyway, I'm glad Tom brought it up. Of course ya'll realize these things jinx half the participants. The last big bass challenge I got into through the web had me working harder than ever and catching way too small to bother going out. But, why not?

I just saw Tom's last post. I'd prefer heading up a little committee of folks around the country so we have someone very familiar with species and variety. I can tell a trout from a photo but might not know a Chinook from another trout, and if the photo isn't really good, fish aimed right, Northern LMB from Florida. To count scales the photo has to be very high quality for me. We might settle for the angler reporting number of lateral scales.

Jim

G

·
So do we post a picture of our fish as a way to submit it? Questions, if someone has a bigger fish then us do we post anyway or just leave it alone till we catch something bigger?

I know my fish ain't much but I am happy to start us off with it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts