Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our fourth tournament Saturday on the Kissimmee River Chain. Friday I pre-fished and caught four keepers for around 7 lbs. on red shad senko's, one on a zoom horny toad, and one on a chart./black back rattle trap. My buddy caught a couple on a swimmin senko and we both had several short fish. Saturday I caught 3 keepers in the tournament for 5.02 lbs. and 40th place out of 149. All three fish came flippin and pitchin in the kissimmee grass with about 3-5 feet of water with the zoom speed craw blackberry and a 3/4 oz. tru-tungsten pegged. I also missed like 3 pretty good bites with it and had one blowup on a toad and miss the bait. I also threw crankbaits, 10" worms, senko's, and rattle traps but the bite was really slow and we couldn't get any big bites all day. The wind blew early then layed down and got super hot, like 94 degrees when we came off the water. My boater had a small limit of 7 or 8 lbs. flippin and pitchin a craw type bait as well. It was a tough day for most but as usual a couple guys got into some better fish, 16 + lbs. won the co-angler side and 25 lbs. +/- won the boaters side, I heard rumor they went up to Toho and cranked rattle traps and crankbaits over open water hydrilla for the better fish. We stayed in Kissimmee the whole day and covered tons of water. Somehow I moved up one spot in points to tenth, so now we wait until September for the super tournament on the Harris Chain.
This Saturday our club is headed for a small lake outside St. Cloud - Lake Gentry, I'm looking forward to it as I caught one of my 8 pounders there last year (in practice though).

G

·
Nice outing Shannon :thumbup01: Top water is hot right now so give that a shot in your practice. Chug bugs or other pop' r type baits.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had a tough time on Kissimmee during practice for the state Fed Nat qualifier a few weeks back, so I flew to Toho for the tourney and was able to knock out a limit and make the state tourney.

I can say that Toho had a lot more water in it than Kissimmee had and think that was key.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JayPea, I knew that as well but my boater wanted to stay in Kissimmee. Keith I'll try it again this Saturday.
Thanks everybody.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts