Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fishing 10" worms like Zoom Ole Monsters or Berkley Power worms Texas Style what hook are you using?

I have tried using EWG hooks and have found they do not give me the best hookset and I loose a lot of fish. Gamakatsu 5/0 offset worm hooks are not strong enough to haul a heavy fish out of cover. Tried 5/0 Gamakatsu round bend hooks last year in Florida and it worked the best of any I have tried with Zoom worms, but is too small with the big Berkley 10" worms. Found some Owner 7/0 oversize worm hooks and they tore up the plastic and did not give the best of hook sets. Was told to try some of the 6/0 VMC round bend hooks that Ike uses. Thought before spending more money I would ask here and see what others are using?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I use my 5/0 Stick'r flippin' hook on big baits Baron and the hook point angle doesn't miss. The Stick'r has more than proven itself durable flippin' pig fish in Texas.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I would go with the Moaners Baron, he is an advertiser and all his products have been given high marks.
Rodney

·
Registered
463 Posts
5/0 ewg gammy's on anything over 7" and up to 14". never had a problem getting them out of anything unless you rip too big of a hole in their lip. works for me. my usual worm is a BPS twister tail 14" or manns 14" jelly worm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts