Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I went to get some Vanish fluorocarbon line. They don't keep it at the place I went to so I got some Berkley Sensation instead. I believe this is a copolymer line, not just fluorocarbon.

I want to use this line for bottom lures like T-rigs and jigs, also spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, on a MH/F rod. I got 14 pound for this one.

Then I have another rod, a M/F that I will also use for T-rigs and smaller jigs, plus the occasional crankbait or jerkbait. I got 12 pound for it.

Is this line sensitive enough for bottom lures?? Will it sink like fluorocarbon does?? I'd like that for jerkbaits, otherwise I'm gonna be sorry I got it.

I could have gotten the Vanish at Walmart but I wanted to go to the local tackle shop instead, to support them, but they don't carry the regular Vanish line. I could have gotten the 100% fluorocarbon from Berkley, I've heard it was better, but I was on a budget. Needed to get both lines and stay around $20.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Haha, man do you have perfect timing. Before anyone else gets on here and says anything, let me give you advice from my experience fishing a jig with berkley sensation, TWO HOURS AGO! I just got back from fishing and couldn't buy a bite with a reaction bait. So instead I decided to use a veritas with microguides. I just placed 12 lbs Sensation on it LAST week. Brand new line, 2nd time using it. I started throwing a black/blue/chartreuse jig (Bass Assault Lures) with a Fish Candy Bait Company Beave Bug in black grape as a trailer.

To sum it all up, I ended up catching 5 bass on that jig using Sensation in about an hour span. I also missed 3-4 bites, human error. I found the line to be enough sensitive to use it for jigs, and it looks like this will be my jig line as long as I don't run out of it. I've always liked sensation. I think it is a good crankbait line also.

I recommend the line. It gets the job done. The only thing I don't like about it, is that when you go to rub your fingers up and down it, it seems to feel really brittle and rough. Like it has a bunch of nicks in the line. I don't know why it's like that, but it still works and I caught several fish off of it. And like I said, this was all less than 2 hours ago.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I hope I like it. I wanted fluorocarbon line. I was at Walmart where they had the Vanish I'm used to using, and like. But I chose to leave without it to go to a tackle shop nearby instead, and get the same line there (support of the local place). But as it turns out, they don't carry the stuff. They had the Berkley 100% fluorocarbon, which I'm told is a better line, and they also had a Stren fluoro too. The Stren was in my price range, but the man at the shop said he'd rather have the Sensation between the two. I didn't ask him about the 100% stuff because it was twice the price of what I wanted to pay at the time, being that I needed 2 rolls in different sizes. So I got the 12 and 14 pound Sensation line. Here's hoping I like it. Up until now I have used fluoro with jerkbaits to help get them down since the line sinks. Now it looks like I'm on line that floats again. This line will mostly be used for jigs, T-rigs, and spinnerbaits, but an occasional jerkbait isn't out of the question on these two rods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts