Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
mlsims said:
Congrats!! You have done some great work, especially keeping your bait in one piece for so many fish. :thumbup01: :thumbup01:
Thats been the hardest part, and they definately are not in the same 1 piece as they were when this first started, they have been broken down many times even with the use of a lot of mend it and super glue. But with having no pickeral or pike or gar, or anything with teeth in these ponds, it helps immensly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got 2 more tonight on the jig/craw. Amazed how well these fish are taking these baits, but they are all being hooked right in the lip/corner of the mouth/top of the lip so the baits arent getting ripped up bad, Im really surprised how long they are lasting as jig trailers.

The biggest of the 2 was 18 1/2". Which is the first picture.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well I went out last night before the thunderstorms with my last bait (jig trailer), the others are just too tore up to toss at all. First cast out, I started swimming it back (it only has 1 claw), it gets nailed and the drag started flipping over. Get this guy in and put him on the tape. He was 22 1/8" and 5.67lbs. My biggest bass since the spawn got over. I cant believe how great these baits have performed and how many different ways that they worked. These are truely a winner. This fish ripped the crap out of this bait, so my bait bash is officially over. I couldnt dream up a better way to end it.

Sorry to the mods but I had to take 2 pictures of this fish, I couldnt get a picture of the bait in his mouth and the length in the same picture, he was flopping around way too much and not cooperating.

I believe this is the biggest fish for the Northern Region so far.

Thank You to John at Minda Lures for making these fantastic baits, Jared and everyone else who made this bait bash possible, I had a blast doing this. Cant wait till the next one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Funny part is I might not be done yet, just was looking through my stuff and realized I have one more that I still didnt destroy as a jig trailer. Might go out later for an hour and throw it around. Not sure yet though, was a pleasant find, I thought they were all destroyed totally.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
mlsims said:
WOW!! Bassman that is a real Hawg! Congrats :thumbup01: :thumbup01:
Thanks ml, havent caught one that big in a while. Felt great to feel something that big on the end of the line again.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.