Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I killed them tonight, went to a farm pond looking for numbers on the craw and man did I ever get them, I broke the craws where the bite marks and hooks marks from them being ripped up ended and put them on for jig trailers. Then I used more mend it to make them one piece again and super glued them to the hook of trailer holder on the jig so I was sure not to lose them. I did this with 3 of the craws, 1 I still havent hardly touched yet which is good. Anyway I fished them on my jigs that I make, its a 3/8 oz black jig with rattle straps. Tonight I caught 16 fish with 12 of them being keeper for the bash. I still have all of the craws left but 2 of the 4 are extremely beat up, I might try them as drop shot baits or very small jig trailers as only the head section is good, 1 is missing 1 craw and both antenae as you can see in the one pic. Here is the 12 keepers.

I apologize for the quality of some of the pics, it was pouring down rain during this and then it got dark, the rain is why my paper is wripped, it got soggy, luckily I had a backup for after the rain was over. Some of the fish were very close to 12" but all of them were over that mark. The ones that are measured are the one that were close to 12. Biggest fish of the day was 17" and 2.97lbs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Minda Lures said:
Looks like you are on a big role and found a way to use the remaining parts of the baits to stay active.
Keep them coming and thanks for the great pics!
Thanks for the great baits John. They are very durable, they arent close to done yet, with the Mend it, its keeping them very good as jig trailers. I might try them as drop shot baits later today if the jig bite shuts down.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Super fish all the way around, not only numbers, but size. You are right, these craws are big fish baits. Way to go - keep it going! :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hawghunter said:
Super fish all the way around, not only numbers, but size. You are right, these craws are big fish baits. Way to go - keep it going! :clap: :clap:
Thanks man, you too. That was a pig you posted today. Congrats. :clap:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Went out for 2 more hours today, got 2 more solid fish on the jig. This blue one is like the bait of all baits, I've caught a lot of fish on it and its still kicking somehow, the one claw is almost ripped clean off and its missing an antennae. :lmao: Might have 1 or 2 more fish in it before it rips the middle wide open. Then on to the other 2.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Went out for 2 hours today and got 1 more on the craw/jig. This jig is down to 1 leg and no attenae and is being held together by a ton of mend it and super glue. Still have the other ones, 2 are in pretty much just as bad shape and the 4th one is pretty new.

This brings my count up to 37.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Went out this morning from before first light to about an hour after it was light out, got 3 more fish on the jig/craw.

May my 1 leg, no antennae craw RIP. :lmao:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.