1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
That's pretty cool... And we wonder about the bass seeing our line... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Thats awesome! Makes me miss Einstein and my tank. Einstein use to jump outta the water to take minnows from my hands. Was awesome. Only thing was, because he was use to being fed that way so often, you couldnt put your hands/fingers over the water surface or hed try to eat them LOL! Tim, the co-owner of this site, once wiggled his finger over Einstein while i had my back turned. All I heard was a splash and Tim scream, as I spun around I could see Einstein decending back into the water LOL! Tim's index finger was all tattered from the teeth LOL! Man that was hysterical! :lmao:

Awesome video Keith. Thank you for sharing your find :D

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
mary dean said:
And we wonder about the bass seeing our line... :lmao:
those fish are just conditioned and know they are safe. Bass are smart like that ;)

now you start ripping their lips and their attitude will be a whole other ball game.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Notice the stripper just going right through the bass school to grab the gold fish. I had a 3" baby bass that I put into a 80 gallon tank, it grew to about 10" before and was eating about 3 dozen feeder gold fish a week. We had a Bush Gardens Budweiser beer plant in Van Nuys back in the 70's with bird shows, picnic ares etc., and ponds. I released that bass into the god fish ponds and the bass lived a long time there, eating gold fish.
Tom
note; the little bass I had in the fish tank would go crazy if you placed the poly bag of feeder gold fish in front of the tank. When I open the top of the tank to put the gold in, the little bass would jump and grab hold the bag. After putting the feeder fish in the tank the little bass would eat 2 or 3 gold fish, then lay on the bottom for an hour or so. The gold fish would be swimming around in random patterns until the bass recovered and started to swim again. The gold fish would instantly group up into a tight school at the opposite end of the tank. The bass just swam around until a gold fish broke ranks and he would gulp it down. The eating and resting cycles continued until all the gold fish were eaten in about a week.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That was freakin awesome! I would have given anything to be the guy in the tank. That looks like so much fun.

-Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts