Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Ive never been, BUT from the shows ive watched on them, they use alot of lures you would use for bass. Ive sen them caught on soft jerk baits, topwater walkers ( like a sammy ) spinnerbaits.

·
Registered
0 Posts
When we went fishing in the Gulf for them, out of Texas, we used shrimp. :thumbup01: Frozen shrimp, mind you, not live ones. If they were live, we would have said screw the reddies and ate them ourselves. :rofl1: Another great bait we used were 5" single tail grubs in bright colors.......oranges, chartreuses, whites, etc. We fished them on 1/2 oz. jigheads. Caught some nice reds with them. :thumbup01:

G

·
Cocahoe baits with jig heads work great. Basically any soft swimbait will work. Spinnerbaits work real well. Topwater plugs too. Problem with them is their mouths are small so you really need to let them take it under good. Spoons work well also.

Live bait works exceptionally well. This includes Shrimp, Pinfish types and of course finger Mullet. Finger Mullet will catch you the largest ones.

Good luck and hold on they are strong fish.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Keith I plan to head on down the Keys this coming May after the Patoka Lake fishing meet on the 3rd and 4th. I like to hook into some Redfish the following days
are there any good places or spots near the end of the Keys?

·
Registered
55 Posts
As for real baits, I do well with live and dead shrimp. Probably better with the dead. For the big bull reds at the mouth of the bay alot of people use young croakers. As far as artificials go, jerk shads, in line spinners. Pretty much bass tackle, or slightly altered bass tackle.

G

·
Bassin Monkey,

I haven't fished around the Keys so I wouldn't be able to say where to go. I know they catch Reds down there and nice ones at that. I am sure some of the bait shops down there would be able to point you to some likely spots.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have any of you that just posted here utilized the VibraShock for Reds yet? Karl and I are putting together a "saltwater series" and will begin R&D for the Saltwater VibraSeries.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Team illinois said:
Have any of you that just posted here utilized the VibraShock for Reds yet? Karl and I are putting together a "saltwater series" and will begin R&D for the Saltwater VibraSeries.
I live in Fl. , couple miles from Skeeter Lagoon. If you would like a field tester of them baits , then holler at me and we will arange it, I could even do a video of it once we have hooked up with one.

tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.