Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the :skunked: today. I t-rigged my craw today. Talk about some awesome action! I had a 3/16 bullet weight with a 5/0 EWG hook. I tried many different techniques. I let it sink to the bottom and give it some easy twitches and some harder jerks. I also worked it like a jerkbait but I didn't get anything. My son was throwing other rigs and he didn't get anything either so I think it was a rough day all around.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention when I posted my fish log, was that I was using a 3/0 ewg light wire hook. It was plenty big enough.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yea, I got the :skunked: today too. I tried T rigging, and carolina rigging it. Also, snuck on a swimbait hook, and swam it awhile. Did have any luck today, hopefully my luck will change soon. I watched the action closely during swimming it. I think that's a good way to go with it. Just have to be fishing the right areas!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes for the third outing in a row I got the :skunked: again. I threw the Minda Craws for about 4 hours today without a bite. I even put some of my :megastrike: on it that I just got in the mail and that didn't even help. I tried throwing some other stuff and the only thing that bit were 2 gar on a small crankbait. It was hot and miserable out there today.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I finally got one! Well two but one was short. I am still trying to post the picture but my phone isn't connecting to my PC so I cant upload it yet. I will tell the story though. I started with the green pumpkin color first and put some :megastrike: on it. I fished all around my pond for about an hour with not even a nibble. I was getting discouraged and ready to leave when I thought hey try another color! So I put the brown colored one on. I believe it looks more natural. Of course I put more :megastrike: on and on my first cast hooked a 10 incher. I was happy I beat the :skunked: so I thought hey maybe the color change is good. I casted out a few more time then got hung on a limb and broke off :cussin: I almost threw everything back on the fourwheeler and headed home but I saw the black and blue color and thought hey give that a try so I put it on and coated it with my :megastrike: once again and threw out and drug it across a log and I saw the wake attack it and set the hook! It was a good strong fish and fought very well. I stayed there for a while longer but it got dark and I couldn't see anymore. I T rigged it with a 1/8 once lead weight pegged and a 5/0 worm hook. Hopefully I can get the picture posted.

Here it is finaly.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Way to grind it out!!! I am still waiting on my first one!! Great job!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Very nice RS. Glad to see you kept at it and prevailed. Nice write-up too! :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went out tonight after work and I am sad to say I am back on the :skunked: wagon. Maybe tomorrow night if the weather is good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
rsawyers said:
I went out tonight after work and I am sad to say I am back on the :skunked: wagon. Maybe tomorrow night if the weather is good.
Have you tried using one as a jig trailer yet? I did great throwing mine texas rigged, but they have really shined for me as a jig trailer, they also last longer as a jig trailer than they do texas rigged.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.