Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
OK folks I guess the Jig is up!! Went out today and hooked a nice one after jumping a couple of times to show me it was a bass and a hog to boot. The fight continued till I got Her within a boats length and then she broke the line (14lb). Totally bummed me out but hey it was only one jig so I tied on the Blue Gill pattern and went back at it fishing a fall down next, got a tap set the hook and :cussin: :cussin: :cussin: :cussin: I got bit off :wack: :wack: :wack: so I'm done for this one. Good luck to those remaining fishers :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Great job, Arwin!!! Great effort, Lou!!! I still haven't caught any either. I was in a tourney Saturday on a big lake (according to NJ standards, anyway) with little to no cover. You can't say I didn't try though. I made more than my fair share of casts with my Hawgthrasher jig, but it just wasn't the right type of location.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I went out this afternoon. It was a beautiful day, temp in the upper 70's. Does anyone remember the story about the Emperor's clothes? Well here is the one I caught today...almost as nice as the Emperor's clothes...lol.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
charger92 said:
Well, I went out this afternoon. It was a beautiful day, temp in the upper 70's. Does anyone remember the story about the Emperor's clothes? Well here is the one I caught today...almost as nice as the Emperor's clothes...lol.

Pete
Bummer Pete but at least ya still have the Jigs, Mine left with the Fish :sad2:

·
Registered
184 Posts
It was nearly dark when I arrived home from work but I had time for a few casts. I grabbed the pole, camera, and code sheet and hurried out back. Managed to catch this one which measured right at 12". Camera said it was too dark but it finally flashed. Tried a few more casts and then wouldn't you know I caught another rock. Again was able to straighten the hook and pull it free. resharpened and reshaped and it's ready to fish again another day. Most of the paint is gone and the hook looks a little funny but it's hanging tough. Never give up. I wish everyone still in the best, and thanks again HAWG THRASHER LURES

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Good job arwin way to catch em :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.