Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did not get out this weekend. It was awesome on Sunday but I was busy with the kids all day long. So I have been doing my usual Lunch time fishing and stopping on my way home at some spots here and there. Nothing so far. I'm glad the only thing I have in the truck are two rods and these two jigs and all kinds of trailers. This is making me use one type of technique which I only done once this year. Jigs are a big weak spot for me that I need to work on. I am stopping at my favorite little pond on the way home tonight and hope to have some luck. That is if it does not start raining.

·
Registered
809 Posts
RealDoc said:
i love jig and pigs im gonna have to buy me some of those hawg thrasher jigs cuz i want to keep them for more then a week lol
You get to keep the jigs when you are done with the bait bash. By the way, I don't remember seeing your name on the bash list. :wack:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Slow down! Okay just me taking a wild guess... I know my problem with jigs is I can fish them too fast when I should slow down. To me jigs are more precision lures where I will choose them when I'm strictly targeting certain areas... rocky shoreline to bounce in or fallen trees to toss right into pockets... I wouldn't choose a jig as a search bait.
I wish you great success in this less used lure for you! Know that they are very successful and build your confidence on that and then really focus on the bait.. how it acts... how it feels... and so on. If a day brings no fish then find what you did good... Can you tell what the bottom of the lake is with a jig? Can you cast it with more ease then when you first started? Stay positive and the rewards will come.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Just remember the jig is a very versitile bait. Don't get tunnel vision and think it can only be fished one way. Try swimming it some, pitching it to cover, and dragging/hopping it on the bottom. I would never fish a jig without some kind of scent as well. Are you using a trailer? You could vary the color and size of the trailer as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the ideas and advice. I did catch my first one last night on my way home. It is hard to fell the bite because the places I fish have weed and muck bottoms. So it is getting used to is that a weed of is that a bite feel. The one I caught last night was right on an edge of some pads and it hit the jig just when I went to pop it off the bottom. It was not a subtle hit. It was a hard hit and the hook set was dead on.

Here is the link to the post for my first catch. Just need 20 or so more just like it! :lmao:

http://www.thebassholes.com/bassin-forums/index.php?topic=19456.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.