Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

August 30th Bassin'

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Bass Rich 
#1 ·
Me and my buddy "Easy Josh" headed down to the little boat today in search of bass (well actually pike, but thats another story).

When we got to the boat it was obvious it had seen some neglect in the past couple of weeks.. it was a floating koi pond by the looks of things, just add fish!

Aww my poor Bass hound... I had to explain to her that I have been working and apologized for the neglect.

Anyways a "bit" of bailing and finally we were on the water... and lo and behold it was the slowest day of fishing I've ever had on that pond. The worst! EVER!

Started tossing spinnerbaits and it wasn't very long before I had a scrappy little guy in the boat.

This fish already had a fairly fresh hook mark in his face, and I havent fished the pond in a couple weeks.. so whoever has been catching my fish please step forward! ;D

After that.. it was hours of torture! No matter what we threw at them, they were reluctant to bite. Around 4 PM I FINALLY had a decent bass smack a crankbait in some brush.. but it shook the hook before I got a look at it. Crankbaits + braid + stiff rod = lost fish.

Easy Josh was having an even tougher time than me though.. I'm not sure if he even had a hit all day on bass lures. I guess I need to re-tune my guiding skills.

Finally around 7:30 I said that's it.. if I'm gonna catch nothing I might as well have fun doing it. I put on a buzzbait and started beating visible shoreline cover in 6 feet of water. Sure enough, within a few casts I hooked and landed a nicer one.

Not huge, but a lot prettier than a skunk. ;D

A few casts later on a deeper laydown, I had a much bigger one. I dare not guess the size, but I was quite upset I lost her! Massive!

Anyway, that ended our night on the pond. It got dark, mosquitoes came out and we were hungry. Packed it in after taking in a great Ontario sunset.

Everyday on the water is a good day, whether the fish are biting or not!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
LakeCityYankee said:
Very nice fish RIch and thank you for sharing them and your report.

You are able to leave your boat at the pond? Thats pretty cool. I remember when I lived up north, New York required that any boat used in a reservoir had to be left on the shore. It was common to see dozens and dozens of john boats upside down on the shores of the reservoirs. I always wondered how they didnt get stolen.

That sunset picture is awesome Rich! Any chance you can email me the full size image so I can stick in it in the gallery?
Yep I have it chained to a very good friend's dock. There are no laws against leaving them in the water here.. I can't really see why there would be? As long as it's on private property (with permission from the owner).

As for the sunset pic... unfortunately that is the full-size picture. I was playing with the settings on my camera yesterday and I guess I left it on the smallest setting for pictures. :-[

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.