Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
lizard101191 said:
Lou do you have pictures of your boat? I would really like to see it.
Will see if I can get my friend to post it :thumbup01:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I am the proud owner of a brand-spanking new 2011 Z7, hydraulic steering, a 70 lb Motorguide troller, and a 150 Merc Opti. It has never kissed the water and is sitting in the yard all winterized-up. I won't be able to take her out until next April.

In the meanwhile, I get to wear the hat.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
:thumbup01: I have run Nitro's for 10 years now - so I guess you could say that I'm happy with them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am on my second Nitro.

I used to have a 1992 2000DC w/225 Merc when I was single that I loved, very fast and stable.

I now have a 2000 205 Sport with a 225 Optimax that I have owned since new. It is a dual purpose, but more on the fishing side. It is very fast and stable and have been very happy with it. I do miss the large rod lockers on the front deck, but other than that I don't really notice the loss of some deck, especially after I filled in the walkway up front :thumbup01:

Here are a couple of pics;

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Boston1011 said:
Very nice. How do you like your nitro transam? How does it ride?
Boston , I really love it. As far as ride goes, IMO it rides as good as any boat in it's class. I took a ride in a FX21 Skeeter with a Skeeter Pro with a 250 SHO and other than the motor being quieter than my pro XS it didn't have nothing on my Z9. We were running in some pretty rough stuff on Guntersville and he took me on a "WOT" run and 68 was all he had in that water. I had just took my boat out about 15 minutes earlier and was running 70-71 back to the ramp.( Same water we ran the FX in). The Skeeter Pro was a buddy of a buddy so I didn't want to say anything negative about the boat as he was trying to sell it to me but I was wanting to go get my Z and put it back in the water just to give him a ride. Then he would have known that what he was prazing wasn't all that he thought it was.

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
transamz9: yup I have to agree w/ya as a Nitro owner I also feel they are one of the best Boats out there!! I've ridden in many other makes and none of them are any better than the Nitro IMHO!!!! :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to agree to a certain level. It depends on what you mean when you say as good as any boat out there. I have not seen a Nitro ride as good as an Alley or Bullet or Stroker at 100 MPH, other than that As good as any. :rofl1: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run a 2000 Nitro 901 CDX w/ 200hp Optimax,

I love this boat, it gives me all the performance and fishing abilities that I was looking for.

wide beam, 96inch, very stable and handling even in rough water. boat does mid 60's with full tank of gas and full livewells and a buddy. like someone sad before, not the fastest, but goes fast enough. this boat is a real pleasure to drive, and fish from.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.