Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alleged cheaters indicted 6/29/2006
Two Kentucky residents accused of cheating in a charity bass tournament at Kentucky and Barkley Lakes in April have been charged with numerous felonies by two grand juries, according to published reports. They were arrested after the indictments were handed up.

Dwayne Nesmith, 43, of Island, and 31-year-old Brian Thomas of Dawson Springs were indicted by grand juries in Marshall and Lyon counties on nine counts of theft by deception of over $300 in Marshall County, one count of complicity to commit theft by deception of over $300 and one count of attempted theft by deception of over $300 in Lyon County.

They allegedly tied a basket containing four fish to a dock in the extreme northern end of Kentucky Lake, then weighed in three of those fish during a Relay For Life fundraising tournament. They finished just out of the money, and were cited as they prepared to leave the weigh-in.

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources (KDWFR) officers had been tipped off to the basket's location and marked the fish with fin clippings. They staked out the location and a KDWFR officer allegedly saw Nesmith and Thomas remove the fish from the basket and place them in their livewell.

The incident sparked an investigation into tournaments in which the men had won cash or other prizes. Earlier this year, the duo received a boat and cash for winning the Superbass Tournament Trail Classic, and won $1,200 for placing 5th out of 302 teams in the Jet-A-Marina Classic. Both of those events also took place at Kentucky-Barkley.

A spokesperson in the Marshall County Commonwealth Attorney's Office said no court dates have been set.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
The title says it all--AMEN.
When the competition has to go as far as cheating, it's time for some people to rethink they intended course in life. If they will rip off a charity, what would they do to their neighbors,friends or strangers?
John

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I agree AMEN!!

HA HA! Serves those cheaters right!! People cheat in tournaments more often than meets the news... and I am glad to see 2 more set the example even more strongly about what cheating will get you!

G

·
Yup, the title says it all. I am glad that they were charged, and I hope that the judicial systems doesn't let us down. When it comes down to cheating, a lot of things need to be re-thought.

I am glad that they were caught.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Reminds me of the guy fishing the tourney on Red River. He had tied fish to stumps with braided line. Someone actually caught/ snagged one of the fish. He was confronted and confessed. He was permanently banned from Bass and any other Bass events. Personally, I think these guys should not be allowed to have any kind of hunting/fishing license again.

·
Registered
635 Posts
joegoudeau said:
Reminds me of the guy fishing the tourney on Red River. He had tied fish to stumps with braided line. Someone actually caught/ snagged one of the fish. He was confronted and confessed. He was permanently banned from Bass and any other Bass events. Personally, I think these guys should not be allowed to have any kind of hunting/fishing license again.
AMEN!!! These are NOT true sportsmen, They are liars who are too dam LAZY to even make a politician. Sentence them to death by BB gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts