Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Aerator question?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mlsims 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a boat and one downside of it is that it doesn't have an aerator in the live well. I was just wanting to know about if you can buy a kit or something to put an aerator in one. Also, if so how much money and effort does it take to fix one? thanks in advance

#4 ·
Lizard: Wal-Mart, Gander Mtn., Bass Pro and Cabelas all carry them and they should be a easy install. :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

#5 ·
Something to watch for is to look for a recirculator that has a timer, or buy a separate timer. This way it is not running for hours on end draining the battery faster. There are a few basic ones out there for around $30. Some of the timers have a preset timer, like on for 5 mins, off for 5 minutes, some have custom time settings.

#6 ·
Lizard if it already has a pump, it wont be a lot of trouble to pipe in an aerator, but you can buy one of many kits to add aeration if it doesnt have a pump already. My sons boat didnt have an aerator and we bought a kit from walmart and installed it, no problems at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.