Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abu Garcia Revo STX Review

Abu Garcia; is starting a revolution with the new REVO; series of low-profile baitcast reels, the fastest low-profile reel Abu Garcia has ever designed.
The tough REVO is packed with innovative features, including a Duragear; oversized brass main gear for maximum cranking power and the innovative Carbon Matrix; Drag System for incredible smoothness across all drag settings.
The reel also is designed with aluminum components for light-weight performance and lasting durability.
The Linear Magnetic Brake; system found on the SX and STX models allow anglers a wide range of adjustments to fine tune the reel for any application.
In addition, the STX model features an Everslik; coated pinion shaft and pawl, which dramatically reduces friction for enhanced casting while improving the durability of these components.
The STX also features the innovative Infini Spool II; system, which is separated from the drive train, minimizes friction for optimal performance even with the lightest tackle.
Built tough with Abu Garcia’s traditional Swedish engineering, the REVO is ideal for nearly all freshwater applications, from casting crankbaits or spinnerbaits to pitching and flipping soft baits.
10 ultra smooth stainless steel ball bearings
1 piece Aluminum Frame and side covers
Linear Magnetic Brake; System
Infini Spool II; Pinion Design minimizes friction for enhanced casting
Titanium Nitride Worm shaft
Fast 6.4:1 or 7.1:1 gear ratio
Free-floating spool reduces friction
Oversized brass main gear with Carbon Matrix; Drag System

In the box
1 revo STX bait casting reel
1 bottle of oil
1 manual
1 warranty card
1 product schematic
1 paper that tells you about fishing line

We will start with pictures of the reel at different angles
[img]http://www.basslurereviews.com//images/abu_garcia/revo_all.jpg

Abu Garcia kept the classic design of their handles with minor changes. The rubber grips are comfortable and at the same feel nice and solid.
Below you can see it compared to one of my many C3 Reels

The Revo STX has a Titanium Nitride Worm shaft which was well lubed right out of the box.

The Revo STX is a small reel

Out on the water the Revo STX feels great in your hand

The Revo STX has a great low profile

The Revo STX was a dream to cast due to the fact that the spool separates form the main drive train on each cast, thus reducing friction.
The Linear Magnetic Brake; System is great and we had no issues when it was windy cranking this up a bit to toss into the wind without backlashes.
The innovative Carbon Matrix; Drag System did not hinder casts as we cranked up up and down, nor did the reel get harder to reel in.

This drag system can handle anything form panfish to those monster bass. The 1 piece aluminum frame will keep everything in line under heavy loads without issues.
Every Cast was long with the Revo STX
The Revo STX was very quiet and smooth
All the external adjustments on the Revo STX are click adjustable
Overall we found no issues with the Revo STX in 9 days of testing this on the water, we will continue to update this review as the 2007 goes on as to how it has held up for us in the long run.
For now we give this reel:
Overall Rating
Thumbs UP

http://www.abu-garcia.com

All product images ©2007 basslurereviews.com
Images can not be used without written permission from basslurereviews.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
i love this reel.bought 2 stx's last year and now have 6 of them.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have had 2 of them for about a year now. I love them, but 1 started grinding and making all kinds of noise. I couldn't get it to stop with cleaning and lube. I ended up taking to local reel repair shop and let them fix it. I do like the reels, I have one high speed and 1 6.4:1.

Britt

·
Registered
6 Posts
And, they just released the Revo Skeet Reese edition @ $279.xx and a Winch(5.4:1) edition @ $199.xx Although their site doesnt list them.. yet but you can find them online at a couple online sellers.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
The STX is a very sweet reel. I have on on a carrot stick that I use for flipping.. It is very smooth. and High Speed to get the line and the fish in.

The other reel in this series are as good as well and they are worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts