Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which reel do you consider better than the other? The Abu Garcia Ambassadeur rods, or Berkley Lightning Rods?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Spinning or baitcaster?

For baitcaster's, I've fished with the lighting rod some, I like them pretty good. I'm going to purschase the Berkley light rod "Shock Series" Within the next week or two.

My uncle and cousin fished with a few abu garcia rod's, And they like them to come extent.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lightning. But IMO, you should spend like ten or twenty more bucks and get the Vengeance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 7' MH lightning rod that I have been using on and off for a year now. I think it is a great rod for the price, but I agree with Bassboss, spend the extra $ and get the Vengeance.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Bassboss said:
Lightning. But IMO, you should spend like ten or twenty more bucks and get the Vengeance.
The abu garcia vengeance and the berkley lighting rod shock series are both in the 49.99$ range. Should be good rod's.

You can also buy a nice split grip berkley AMP split grip for 29.99$ off the berkley website. All in all the rod's mentioned are great rod's.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I am a fan of the Lightning Rods myself. I think they are the best rods for the $$$. Look at the new shock series and the amp series also as mentioned above.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought the Lightning Rod with the split grip a couple months back and I had to switch out the top eye of the rod, it was horrible, 6lb test mono was making a gouge in it, never have seen this before with such light line. But not bad to just put a 5$ tip on it, I've seen a lot worse for that money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spinning or baitcaster?

For baitcaster's, I've fished with the lighting rod some, I like them pretty good. I'm going to purschase the Berkley light rod "Shock Series" Within the next week or two.

My uncle and cousin fished with a few abu garcia rod's, And they like them to come extent.
Shock Series are known to develope cracks in the reel seat area. So beware. Rod beefy, reel seat ugh. I also own a Lightning Rod and a Cherrywood. I worked the heck out these and I am very satisfied. Work horses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts