Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a team tournament with my son on Saturday and caught so many fish on crankbaits that we lost track. It was 2pm. and time to make our run back to the weigh-in when we both realized that we hadn't even stopped for a drink. We finished 11th out of 137 teams with 17.05 lbs. but I was more proud of how son helped fine tune the pattern and his prowess with a crankbait.What was once a lure that we were not very good with is now becoming our go to bait. It took a lot of trial and error and many hours of frustration but it has been paying off. I never culled that many fish in a tournament.Had a few not come unbuttoned we could have finished 2nd but it was still a great day, especially when it was with my son.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Thats awesome George! You gotta love when it comes together like that! :thumbup01: Congratz! :clap:

How old is your son by the way?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I can only repeat.."That's awesome George!! :dance01: Ain't nothin better than fishin with your son!! :thumbup01: As a matter of fact, when my son and his family took me out to dinner for Mother's Day and my birthday, he told me, now, my grandson is 2 years old, that "Mama, it's about time to take Andrew out fishing!" :fishing02: Told him I was just thinking about that this week! :dance01: Kids and grandkids and fishing, they just all go together :dance01: :clap: :champion:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jared, my son just turned 25. I started him fishing for trout in the mountains of Penna. at 4 yrs.old. Seems as though I may soon be getting some lessons from him. It was one of those days that will be remebered for a long time and probably not be repeated for some time.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I believe it is these types of experiences that make our site heads above all the others. We do care about each other, our family and our sport. What a combination.

·
Registered
801 Posts
That's an awesome placement! Congrats! Nothing beats a father and son tourney like that! You had a great time and beat the heck out of some fish!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts