Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

A Few Skirts I've Made

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  davesett2000 
#1 ·
Nothing really "fancy" here....but for the most part I believe the color combinations are mostly unique :dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
brady01 said:
Look good. Very interesting. Why the blue square around one?
D'oh! I was supposed to point that one out...it's a combination of black & "glow" strands.

@ joessmokin...the strips I have are a combination of Stamina, Barlow's and some from an Ebay seller that would be difficult for me to "dig up" since the purchase was over a year ago :wack: :dunno:

As far as posting pics on here....it's really easy. The main thing is to shrink them down a bit from their "regular" size. ;) :thumbup01:

#6 ·
Here's a few more I've done.

I have 2 "basic" themes that I like to use on spinnerbait skirts.

1. Contrast
2. Subtle "natural" type combinations like gold/white & silver/white.

I have NEVER liked single color skirts (except for all black or all white). Plain chartruese or yellow is butt-yuugly to me :rofl1:

Attachments

#7 ·
Looking great. I have been getting my skirts from fishing skirts.com and Living rubber. Living rubber is having a site issue right now but called and got great service and advice.

I will post some photos when I can down size them.

Joe

#10 ·
Thanks for the compliments guyz :cheers:

@ Joe...I'm sure there's a few of us that would like to see what you've made :thumbup01:

Here's links to the companies you mentioned...

http://www.fishingskirts.com/

http://www.livingrubber.com/

Here's a small panfish spinnerbait I made...and a buzzbait that originally had a "all chartruese" skirt. Much better with a different skirt IMHO :dunno:

Attachments

#11 ·
Some good looking skirts there Dave. Besides the companies mentioned there is also Jann's Netcraft, they have a very large selection and pricing that is very good also. I tie mine, I don't use collars, I change out baits not skirts.
Rodney

#12 ·
Oldfart9999 said:
Some good looking skirts there Dave. Besides the companies mentioned there is also Jann's Netcraft, they have a very large selection and pricing that is very good also. I tie mine, I don't use collars, I change out baits not skirts. Rodney
It's ironic (good!) that you mentioned Jann's Rodney...as part of what I have to work with at the moment also came from them...but I failed to mention them in my post :wack: :dunno: :sad2:

The MAIN things that eat at skirts & collars are heat & chemical reaction to soft plastic "trailers". From my personal experiences...if baits like these have "air circulation"...they last a lot longer.

JMHO :fishing01:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.