Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the rim canal this morning and im telling you if we dont get some significant rain here in Fl. we aint gonna be doin much fishing for a while! But me and Dad manged to turn nothing into something. We started out hitting the rocks at the spillway and got a couple small ones, Dad was throwing a 3\8 terminator double willow spinner in shad, i found another Spro Aruku shad jr in wild shiner (i lost the last one to a pickeral with Keith) which turned out to be the moneymaker today. When the bite there quit we moved to another spot and cleaned up there. It was overcast all day, but after throwing various colors that SHOULDVE worked in those conditions, whenever id pick the wild shiner up id pull in fish. We ended up with 13 total most were in the 2 pound range or smaller. I did land a 4+ the only picture you cant really see=, so your gonna have to trust me....scouts honor!!! A fast retrieve was what worked today, just making long casts and letting it sink to the bottom, then burning it back to the boat. I did get a chance to teach Dad about the shakey worm and he got three on it. He was using a Pro-Spot remover with a Gulp Shakey it berkleys The general color. It was a very good day, after Keith took us to Garcia, i think im spoiled, guess im gonna want to catch at least 15 every time i go out!!!! :rofl1: Heres a few pics sorry no real good ones.Check out the one with the trash that we picked up out of the water, isnt that disgusting? Some people are pigs i guess. Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
you are right about the rain- we need it bad, but you had a great day on the water with Dad :dance01: that's what it's all about :fishing01:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Loved the bottom 2 pictures, didnt have to see ya mug :neener: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Seriously, WTG to you and your dad :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish4FunInFl said:
Loved the bottom 2 pictures, didnt have to see ya mug :neener: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Seriously, WTG to you and your dad :clap: :clap:
Look out folks we got ourselves a real comedian!!! :rofl1: I didnt even notice Rodney,good catch man! :cheers: Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts