Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have decided to purchase a 12/24 AllCharge, since everyone has such great reviews of them. Only question I have is, will I have to get rid of the current 3 bank onboard charging system in my boat. I like it because it has the plug recessed into the side of the boat and all i have to do when I back under the shed is plug into the plug and it takes care of everything. I dont really have a problem getting rid of it if I have to, just need to know what I will need to do.

After fighting the wind last week, running the TM at 80-100% most of the day, I was running low on battery power after about 7 hours of fishing, and I had made several long runs, so I think the AllCharge would have helped me out.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
No you do not have to get rid of it.I took mine out cause I'll never use it again after having an all charge.If I really need to I'll hook up a charger to the starting battery and once it gets 13v my all charge will charge all my batteries.If you want to use your on board charger than all you have to do is unplug the gray connectors to your all charge and than use your on board charger.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bassburner15 said:
No you do not have to get rid of it.I took mine out cause I'll never use it again after having an all charge.If I really need to I'll hook up a charger to the starting battery and once it gets 13v my all charge will charge all my batteries.If you want to use your on board charger than all you have to do is unplug the gray connectors to your all charge and than use your on board charger.
Thanks old buddy!!! :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
if your boat is gonna sit for more than 30 days I would keep the bank charger in unless you have the StayNCharge for the tow vehicle...

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
You can keep it, just make sure to take the leads from the stay-n-charge off of the trolling batteries before you charge with it or it will blow the stay-n-charge. What I did, was remove it and then I went to a farm store and bought a cheap 10 amp charger and just hook it to my starting battery and it charges all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
Buzbait88 said:
You can keep it, just make sure to take the leads from the stay-n-charge off of the trolling batteries before you charge with it or it will blow the stay-n-charge. What I did, was remove it and then I went to a farm store and bought a cheap 10 amp charger and just hook it to my starting battery and it charges all of them.
It will NOT blow your stayncharge! It is just not recommended to have your StayNCharge and your bank charge going at the same time.You don't want to pull power in 2 differant directions. Simply just pull apart the gray connectors from you StayNCharge and charge your batteries with your onboard charger.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bassburner15 said:
Buzbait88 said:
It will NOT blow your stayncharge! It is just not recommended to have your StayNCharge and your bank charge going at the same time.You don't want to pull power in 2 differant directions. Simply just pull apart the gray connectors from you StayNCharge and charge your batteries with your onboard charger.
Gotcha old buddy!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts