Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 09 175txw in april it came w/ the 50 two stroke ...love it but aint enough speed for me ...
they told me the 75 opti was the only engine upgrade option i had and for 3k so i said no thanks but that i wanted
the 90 two stroke for the 1500 difference .... they said 75 max so i said no thanks again ...
so 3 weeks later tracker sends me the paper work for the boat and the manufacturers statement of origin for the boat
that shows 90hp max

so i went somewhere else and had a 90 installed
thats the short version of the story ..if ya want the long one just ask

w/ 50

w/ 90 :)

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Nice looking boat :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Nice looking ride :thumbup01:

I dont understand why they said no to a 90. Maybe they had to many 75s and was trying like heck to get rid of them. :dunno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in 08 they were rated for a 90 then in 09 they derated them for a 75 .
but i found a way around it :)

G

·
when i bought my 08, i got the 50... since the 75 opti was alot more $$ for not alot of top end speed. i always wondered if a 90 would fit... but my plackard (spelling) says 75 max so it never crossed my mind as an option.

my thoughts were that trackers were focused a little more on safety instead of speed...

the 50 will do until i can get a bigger boat/motor package... maybe win one in a tourney next year...haha.

G

·
so yeah.. i went by bps the other day to look at the deck layout of the new trackers and i saw that the plackard reads 90hp max and the boat didnt change at all (weight, width, length, hull, etc.) i dont know what i'd do with a 90 on mine...

like hack asked...what's your top speed with the 90?

·
Registered
32 Posts
the reason i ask is cause i have a 185 with a 90 it does 48mph fully loaded, just curious what that 175 can do with that motor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sry yall deer and duck season had me tied up lol

it runs 46 (gps) with 2 people loaded with turney gear w/ the stock prop
gettin a ss prop this year and should jump 3-5 mph so they say and even lookin at the
5in jack plate heard they did gr8 on our boats

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Super nice looking boat and truck...if you see my post on my package, you'll understand why I like yours so much!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts