Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes - View Single Post - Post spawn across the state?
Tuesday Night Chat - Every Tuesday at 8:30pm. Come Join the Fun!
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
toad

Default Post spawn across the state?

Well, I see the Old Dominion is looking a little skinny in the fishing reports department, so I thought I'd throw this out- How have you all been doing this year with the post spawn bite?
I've hit Lake Anna, Smith Mountain and a local 800 acre reservoir in the last week( I've been very blessed to have been able to do a lot of fishing these days, at least for me). However, the post spawn bite has been painfully few and far between. The ol' confidence baits of yesteryear have pretty much proven fruitless so far for lulling in any hawgs. Fish have been taken, though, by patience and thorough searching. Such is the nature of the post spawn season.
At all three lakes the most productive baits have been finesse worms of a purple hue such as plum, tequila, red shad or june bug fished tight to cover, or larger baits such as trick worms or even ol' monsters fished deeper and slow. Although, yesterday I snagged a 5.2# piggy on a C-rigged Yum Woolybug at the reservoir.
Several guys in my club have had a lot of luck on topwater, especially buzzbaits, but that bite hasn't found me yet.
So, in a nutshell, good luck, fellow Virginians and fellow bassers, alike! Let's hope the heat wave ends soon, the bass settle down for supper and everybody has a safe, livewell busting summer...

-Toad

» Progressive Insurance