Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes - View Single Post - A simple little tip that will save you time and money "Tips Contest"
Tuesday Night Chat - Every Tuesday at 8:30pm. Come Join the Fun!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fish-N-Fool Lures

Default A simple little tip that will save you time and money "Tips Contest"

I have had a lot of problems with my skirted baits like spinnerbaits and buzzbaits with the little rubberband on the skirts braking. It seems like after just a little use the rubber band holding the skirt rots and you end up with strips of rubber all over your tackle box or boat.
I found a simple fix for this by taking a sandwich bag or garbage bag wire ties, striping the paper off and getting down to just the little wire. I wrap it over the rubberband twice and twist tie it in place. Then trim the wires off close. You can't hardly even see the wire and the skirts stay on for years with no problem. I do this mod to every new spinnerbait, buzzbait, and skirted jig I buy or make (I make most of my own baits) Since I started doing this 3 years ago I have not lost a single skirt

» Progressive Insurance